Usually the afterthought, we like introduce the different type of lenses you can get before choosing frames.
So what can you get?
Let’s get the first thing out of the way, you can choose single vision lenses, bifocals or varifocals. We’ve been known to recommend trifocals too!
Next, you can choose what to have included on the lens. Options include:
- Photochromic lenses (those lenses that go darker in the sun and clear indoors).
- Scratch Resistant coating- reduces the scratches lenses endure through everyday wear.
- Anti-glare coating- Reduces glare effects from oncoming car lights as well as that glare that tires you out from computer screens.
- Tints- This makes glasses effectively like sunglasses you can see through includes 6 different colours of 4 different shades as well as gradient tints (darker tint at top, lighter at the bottom).
- UV protection- We include this as part of tinted and all lenses that go dark.
- Polarised lenses- Looks like tinted lenses, these sister lenses are really good for cutting glare, no fisherman leaves home without this!
- Digital lenses- Especially useful if you have a high prescription, it helps to reduce the peripheral blur that standard lenses sometimes give.
- Thin and ultra thin lenses- If you feel you have a strong prescription and want to feel more comfortable with the appearance of your lenses, ask about this option.
- Anti Fatigue lenses- If you are under 40 and feel reading for a prolonged period tires your eyes more than you like, ask about our anti fatigue lenses.
- Reglaze- If you like your current frames and don’t want to part with them just yet, we can put new lenses into it. It’s at your own risk and sometimes you might need to be without them for a few days if they have to go to our laboratory.
So you’ve chosen your lenses, next you need the frame you want those lenses to go into. We display over 500 frames with hundreds more we would love to show you ranging from basic will do the job types to the latest fashion must haves. We want to shine a light on some of these designers to offer you a flavour of what we have:
Having launched as a shirt specialist of some repute in Glasgow Ted Baker quickly became the place to buy some of the very best contemporary men’s shirting around.
From the beginning Ted has had a very clear, unswerving, focus on quality, attention to detail and a quirky sense of humour, so much so in fact that the first stores used to provide a laundry service for every shirt purchased- something that gained the quickly growing brand the title of ‘No Ordinary Designer Label’. Everything produced under the Ted Baker name has his personality woven into its very heart.
Police is an Italian manufacturer of fashion accessories. Launched in 1983, the company was initially specializing in designing sunglasses.
2013 marked the 30th anniversary of police. Police stood out immediately as a brand with distinctive autonomous qualities; it was soon loved and appreciated worldwide for its decisively underground feel. It stood out with its street style and amazed the general public with its iconic blue sunglasses lenses that appealed to everyone; this is where the long and extraordinary history of Police began, a brand that has been superbly represented over the years by icons of the showbiz, fashion and sports world.
The brand’s style is aggressive, with an urban, metropolitan vocation. Police design for an adventurous, independent and rebellious target.
In 1997 Police launched its first perfume range and in 2003 its first watch collection. The company launched its first apparel collection in 2008.
Over the course of its history, the Police brand has been supported by numerous celebrities, including Paolo Maldini, Bruce Willis, George Clooney, James O’Sullivan, David Beckham, Neymar and Antonio Banderas.
Guess was established in 1981 by the Marciano brothers, who left the South of France in pursuit of the American dream. Inspired by a European influence, the Marciano’s put their innovative touch on the apparel industry, redefining denim.
The contemporary Guess eyewear collection includes prescription glasses and sunglasses for girls and for women and men that caters to the youthful, glamorous, sexy customer. The innovatively designed collection is highly sought after by fashion forward men and women around the world.
Swarovski (exclusive to Rutherglen)
In 1895, Daniel Swarovski, a Bohemian inventor and visionary, moved to the village of Wattens, Tyrol in Austria, with his new invention designed for cutting and polishing crystals for jewelry. From this humble beginning, Swarovski has grown to be the world’s leading producer of precision-cut crystal for fashion, jewelry and more recently lighting, architecture and interiors.
Today, the company, still family-owned and run by 5th generation family members, has a global reach with some 26,100 employees, a presence in over 120 countries and a turnover in 2011 of 2.22 billion euros. Swarovski comprises two major businesses; one producing and selling crystal elements to the industry and the other creating design-driven finished products.
Carolina Herrera New York is an international fashion house recognized for timeless elegance and femininity. The collection exudes an effortless sophistication that is inherent in the iconic style of designer Carolina Herrera.
Sophisticated elegance and alluring details are the key features of the Nina Ricci Optical Collection. The new styles convey a feminine and refined atmosphere that appears unintentionally sensual.
Acetates with round and cat-eye shapes prevail, made more exclusive than ever with refined details. On the one hand, iconic models with a timeless design reinterpret the code of the brand’s style; on the other, contemporary frames dare with a bolder look.
The true essence of the Maison’s style is its attention to detail, making its styles unique and unmistakable: details include the double-ring decoration in metal on the temple that draws inspiration from the iconic “Le Marché” bag, inserts of sparkling crystals, the treatment of metal with a gross grain effect, the V-shaped and 70s-inspired graphic chain. Featuring soft and delicate shades, the colour range is enriched with interplays of transparencies and graduated shadings of blue and red that create original effects, for an elegant woman with a sophisticated and naturally chic allure.
Not to be left out, gone are the days where your option was what colour of Harry Potter style glasses you liked, we stock over 100 different frame styles to suit every age and style demands. We currently stock Frozen, Star Wars, Disney Princess, Ben 10 and many others. Pop in to see the full range.